Students seeking to join the Upsilon Chapter of Phi Chi Theta must meet the following criteria:
- Achieved at least advanced freshman standing.
- Be fully matriculated in a school of economics or business or be specializing (majoring) in business or economics.
- Business education majors are eligible for membership in Phi Chi Theta if they are registered in the school or department of business and are under the jurisdiction of that school or department.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- NOT be a member or former member of another national professional fraternity in the field of business which is a member of the Professional Fraternity Association ( i.e. Alpha Kappa Psi, Delta Sigma Pi).
Ready to join? Fill out an application and we will be in touch shortly!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my GPA drops below 3.0 while a member of Phi Chi Theta?
As a brotherhood/sisterhood we will also provide a number of people who can help you in difficult subjects. We will not inactivate you if your GPA drops, we will help you.
Is the Fraternity just for males?
No, this is a coed fraternity. In fact, we were founded by 6 women in 1929. We are currently comprised of approximately 50% males and females.
What is the time commitment?
We have one fraternity-wide meeting per month and one Officer meeting per month. We have many training events and other social events which allow us to meet much more frequently.
How much does it cost to join?
Dues for the first semester are made up of two parts. Following rush, there is a pledge fee of $15 to recieve the pledge pin. At the end of the initiation process, pledges must pay $105 to complete their membership. Members then pay dues in the amount of $80 each semester.
Do you offer scholarships?
Phi Chi Theta provides several scholarship opportunities to members at a national level.
Still have questions?
Please feel free to ask us anything you would like via the Contact Page.